It has been a great summer! Since our big event, the Tour de Montclair in May, we’ve all been taking it a little easy but are back on track with our regular monthly meetings every 3rd Thursday.
This is just a heads about
two very important meetings and one awesome picnic this month and next. We’ll be discussing our strategic plan for the next 5 years, role and nomination of board members, and succession plan for officers.
Your fresh ideas are welcome!
September 20, 2012 – Monthly Meeting – Montclair YMCA, 25 Park Street, 7:30pm. Our September monthly board meeting will primarily focus on nominations of Officers and Board of Trustees. There are 9 seats on the Board of Trustees and the term limit is 3 years. Both Rika Alper and Dickson Lane are at the end of their terms. Therefore, we need TWO nominations for the BWM Board of Trustees (Rika and Dickson MAY be nominated again). We also need nominations for Officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Please nominate yourself if youre interested or tell us who would be good candidates for these positions.
Please don’t be shy – if you are interested in being on our Board or getting active as an Officer, please say so. You do not need to be present at this meeting to make a nomination – but please send it to email@example.com by Wednesday, September 19, 2012.
Sunday, September 23, 2012 – BWM Potluck Picnic – Noon to 3, Edgemont Park House in Montclair just off Valley Road. This event is a fun get-together for anyone who likes being outdoors, sharing food with friends and neighbors, and enjoying local musicians giving their all in the spirit of community. Grab a picnic blanket, lace up your sneakers, slap on a backpack or saddle up your bike and head over to Montclairs historic memorial park!
Music will be provided by Big Mamou (foot-stomping zydeco), the Passing Notes (Montclair High Schools youth-run a capella group), and the TNT Ramblers (original and traditional blues). This is a pot-luck event, with tables set up so we can share our food together.
Co-sponsors include Serendipity Cafe, Terra Tea Salon, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Montclair, and Montclair Emergency Services for the Homeless.
BWM Annual Meeting of the Members Mark your calendars for
Thursday, October 18 DATE CHANGED to TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13 for our annual meeting. Members will be treated to a great guest speaker (TBD), healthy snacks and an opportunity to set our yearly agenda. ALL MEMBERS have the right to vote at the annual meeting and are encouraged to take an active role in shaping the direction of our organization. You will be able to renew your membership that night in order to be eligible to vote! Committee roles, priorities and sign-ups will also take place that night. More info about location, agenda and rsvp to follow.
Please mark your calendars and save the dates. We look forward to beginning a new decade with you!
Looking Ahead Always check Bike&Walk Montclairs Events Calendar for upcoming happenings!
- Sat Sep 22 – All day – World Car Free Day
- Sat Sep 22 – 10:00am 12:00pm – BWM: Learn to Ride (Kids) – Montclair High School Faculty Parking Lot, N. Fullerton, Montclair, NJ
- Sun Sep 23 – 12:00pm 3:00pm – BWM: Bike-In Pot Luck Picnic – Edgemont Park, Montclair, NJ
- Tue Sep 25 – 7:45am 9:45am – Edgemont SRTS Workshop
- Sat Sep 29 – 10:00am 12:00pm – BWM – Learn Ride Class – Adults – Montclair High School Faculty Parking Lot, North Fullerton Ave., Montclair, NJ 07042
- Tue Oct 2 – 7:30am 9:30am – Glenfield SRTS Workshop
- Wed Oct 3 – All day – International Walk & Bike to School Day and Montclair Crossing Guard Appreciation Day!
- Sat Oct 6 – 11:00am 4:00pm – BWM: Essex County Octoberfest – Essex County Environmental Center, 621-B Eagle Rock Avenue Roseland, NJ 07068
- Wed Oct 10 – 8:30am 10:30am – Admin: EPLB Partnership Meeting
- Sat Oct 13 – 8:00am 1:00pm – BWM: Farmer’s Market – Walnut Street Train Station, Montclair, NJ 07042
Thu Oct 18DATE CHANGED to TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13– 7:30pm 9:30pm – BWM: Bike&Walk Montclair ANNUAL Meeting
- Tue Oct 23 – 8:00am 10:00am – Glenfield SRTS Workshop
- Thu Nov 1 Begin BWM fiscal year